Wednesday, February 13, 2008

NY Fashion Week - Fall 2008 recap

Hi Darlings:

Why did it take me 3 hours to get home last night when it normally takes about 30 minutes? Not fun indeed! I was having fun at first listening to the radio but once I began to notice that the same songs repeated every 10 minutes or so I was not so delighted. Thank goodness for good friends and a telephone charger! Wouldn’t you know it the problem turned out to be an accident and once I got past "the spot" the rest of my trip took only 15 mins. Thankfully I made it home safe and sound! I won't even go there by saying DC metro residents cannot drive in bad weather...but I guess I just did.

Well after my one day break I fear I have to play catch up and discuss the Grammys and NY Fashion Week...especially since we are already on to London Fashion Week. Ye gads!

But, before I move on I would love to announce that Marilyn Blevins of North Carolina is the winner of the lovely bouquet from Jume’s Flowers. Congratulations Marilyn!!!

Stay tuned in the future for more giveaways...

The NY Times talks about everything from Marc Jacobs to Madonna when it comes to the Fall 2008 Mercedes Benz NY Fashion Week. Despite the restrictive look in some collections overall it seems like the fashion houses have stuck to the same themes we noticed in the Spring 08 shows - there are still bold prints and body shaping looks. We are also seeing light layers of fabrics and thankfully less pastels and citrus colors. Instead those are replaced with more Fall appropriate pallets.

Donna Karan did not disappoint. Her looks were flowly and shapely without hugging the body too close.


Maria Cornejos kept her look and colors really bold and not too pastel.
Mara Hoffman kept with the bold prints.
Vera Wang as usual was simple chic except the jewelry that went with her collection were bolder than ever.
Hmmm...what would I like in my wardrobe just because...

BCBG MaxAzria: This dress is playful, fun and young.
Bill Blass: This suit and hat look simple, chic look for evening. The suit is well tailored without seeming heavy and overdone.
Carlos Miele: That sweater alone can bring out the diva in anyone! Loves it.
Dennis Basso: Dramatic dress without being overly so.
Tadashi Shoji: I love this dress because it is simple and seems versatile. I almost feel that its a look you can wear to work, a date or just meeting friends for dinner or it can even work at a cocktail party.
(Photos: NY Times and Getty Images)

How fun!!

Hugs and besos!

No comments:

 
Site Meter