Friday, August 31, 2007

Ask Diva Bugs - Drink Options for the "Others"

Diva Darling DS asks: When I go out with friends I want to look sophisticated but find that hard to do while holding a plastic or regular water glass with soda and a big straw. What would you suggest I order to be able to seem more sophisticated?

Diva Bugs says: Hon, picture this moment: Its Saturday and I am hanging out with friends. My hair pulled back in a ponytail, long black dress with plunging neckline, cute gold sandals and a Diva Bugs purse! Divine. Ummm... I digress. We order drinks I choose a shirley temple - all are amused. No Cosmo, no french martini ... my usual favs. Just a reg'lar ole shirley temple. No frills, no lemon twist. Nothing special. Having a diva divine moment, I am like whatevs! I look great, feel great .... Diva!

Believe it or not there are not many sophisticated options for dry/sober/non-drinking divas to remain and look en vogue and not naive. Here is a list I was able to compile from informative webpages and some I have made up ... :)

Shirley Temple: ginger ale or Sprite, grenadine and lemon juice, topped with a maraschino cherry. Ask for a martini glass. Don't forget to smile while doing this....:)

Safe Sex on the Beach: cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, peach nectar

Daiquiris or Margaritas (say "hold the alcohol please"). Saying Virgin is so passe!

I have also found that a sophisticated woman knows exactly what she wants and is direct in asking for it. One tip to note: ginger ale or sprite work well to brighten up any drink as well as a little garnish on the glass.

So try this ... ummm... lets call it the Diva Twist: "Bartender can you make my favorite drink. I wish I could tell you the name but I always remember what's in it. Ummm... lets see. I think it has 1 part ginger ale or sprite, one part (grapefruit, cranberry, pineapple or orange juice) a splash of lemon juice and a lemon twist in a martini glass. Do you think you can make that?" Say it with confidence... Cheers!


If you order this let me know...divabugs@gmail.com


Hugs.

No comments:

 
Site Meter