Sunday, March 16, 2008

Divas in the News and more ... Christian Siriano

Hi Darlings:

I had a great weekend and I hope you did too! The weather was great for a few hours until it got rainy and cold.

So, on Saturday I had plans to meet my friend R at Busboys and Poet on 14th and U St., NW for lunch. She called when I was out and about with the sunroof open, shades on, wearing next to nothing pretending it was summer but shoulda known better. Well we were on the same vibe because she was hungry and I was feeling hunger pangs. So lunch was the on point idea at the moment. As for BandP, I hadn't been there in forever and as usual nothing had changed since the last time...it was thoroughly filled to the brims with hungry, sociable and summer-loving fashionistas including a Christian Siriano (AKA Project Runway's own fierceness) look alike. Splitting image hair, glasses and fierce facial look posing what pretending to look bored on the couch. We had to take two double takes but this was great material for convo because as it turned out we were both avid watchers of this season's Project Runway. Loved loved loved Christian Siriano. BTW, eventhough we were casually dressed we were most definitely happy not to be "tranny hot tranny messes" - Thank goodness! :)

Anywho lunch was fantabulous and accessories shopping afterwards delightful!

Now back to Christian Siriano - his designs are fierce and I am sure there is more to expect from him in the future! I was actually amazed at the sewings skills of the contestants. The idea that they could sew so well and so much in such a short period of time is spectacular. It takes me at least half a day to figure out what I am going to do and about a month to focus on a personal sewing project. The last dress I made for myself took about a month to finish. I am a lot better with business projects for Diva Bugs. This most definitely shows that there is a lot more to come from the designers discovered on Project Runway. I can't wait for next season!

Hugs and besos.

No comments:

 
Site Meter