Friday, December 12, 2008

Michelle Obama and the Inauguration Dress Dilemma

Hi Darlings:

Who wants to have the entire world weighing on what they plan to wear for the big night? It's like getting married and having the 70 year old store owner telling you what you should wear before even meeting you or knowing your likes and dislikes. Womens Wear Daily discussed Michelle Obama's inauguration wear suggestions from various designers. Click here to read the article.

(Isaac Mizrahi great option and I loved that he included suggestions for her daughters Malia and Sasha)

When I saw some of the suggestions of what Michelle Obama should wear to the inauguration my eyebrows shot to my hairline. I thought my pet peeve while applying for colleges. If I received an application in the mail that spelled my name wrong I would toss it to the side unopened unless it was a school I REALLY wanted to attend. Some of the drawings, which were considered one-of-a-kind designs for HER don't even look physically like her. Its like interviewing for a job and getting the name of the company wrong!

My Favs:

(Kai Milla: This dress looks divine! If Michelle O does not want can I have!)
(Monique Lhuillier: Fantastic! Feminine takes her height into consideration, shows off the arms, and the gathering details soften the look.)

The others:
(Rodarte: Hmmm....aliens...what is going on here?)
(Zac Posen: I'm surprised that this is not more flattering. Maybe he needs more time.)
(Chado Ralph Rucci - this is great art and would look better hanging on one of my walls)
(Karl Lagerfeld is definitely channeling more Jackie O than Michelle O in more ways than one.)


(Badgley Mischka - This would work well in the 80's. With the mermaid design such as this mingling in a crowd of too many would be difficult.) (Christian Lacroix: Fierce but how more divine would the dress be without the cape)
(Betsey Johnson got the descriptors right and even Michelle's signature brooch but the color/design is so flashy I don't thing Michelle would go there. And I would balk if she did! This one is a no go.)

1 comment:

Syana said...

i love ur comments of the dresses ;)

 
Site Meter