Monday, December 01, 2008

James Bond Made Me Cut Her Bangs

Hi Darlings:

My sister saw the Quantum of Solace the latest James Bond movie and afterwards came home and asked me to cut her bangs! To say I was hesistant would be an understatement. I wouldn't even dare cut my own hair much less my bangs. As a matter of fact, the only thing I dare to do with my hair is style it after someone else blows it dry and of course washes it. I said no at first BUT I was sure after noticing how my own hair stylist cut my bangs last year that I knew exactly how it should be done. After all, I spend many Saturday hours at the hair salon, enough to make me a semi-expert on the styling of other people's hair. I have observed the way the stylists at the salon always keep a piece to the last cut section to guide in cutting the next. I knew from personal experience what the favorable length of the bangs should be. And most importantly I sew and create jewelry by either thinking up a design concept or recreating a piece similar to one I've seen before, so I convinced myself that I should give it a go. I grabbed the scissors and a rat tail comb and started cutting one-eighth of an inch at a time until I was satisfied. After the first snip she started sweating bullets and actually jumped up. That would have been my reaction too if the shoe were on the other foot. But with half of her bangs cut and work the next day as well as a fear of cutting her bangs herself, my sister had no choice but to stick it out with me.
Frankly, I think I did a good job if I do say so myself! I just don't know if we will be as lucky if she has the same urge next time.

Hugs and besos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her bangs! Her hairstyle is hot!

Anonymous said...

I think so too! Thanks again Heidi. It's an amazing cut.

~Brave sister :)

Anonymous said...

Trisha you look great...Heidi..I sense another creative outlet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Esther! Still loving it.

 
Site Meter